Rely On Us For It All From Design Through Production
Cummins Label assists you with every aspect of the label pricing and printing process. Whether you’ve already created a perfect label or want to start the design process with our assistance from scratch, count on our team to help.
A full range of services has helped make us one of the leading label printing companies in Michigan.
For nearly 50 years, small businesses and Fortune 500 companies alike have relied on us to produce pressure-sensitive labels of the highest quality, with services including.
- Blanket orders
- Combined pricing
- Inventory control
- Bar codes (static and consecutive numbered)
- Color proofs
- Die lines
- Plate making
- Custom materials
- End-bracket pricing
- Quick-ship materials
- 10-color flexo printing
- Digital printing
- Foil stamping
- Screen printing
- Specialty papers
More about your label printing options
To create an eye-catching label, it takes high-quality printing technology. As you work with the Customer Service, Art and Purchasing Departments at Cummins Label, you’ll get a better sense of what printing technology would best lend itself to your product label. We take all aspects of your label — including order size and color complexity — into account when we recommend a printing option.
Here’s an overview of each printing option we offer — from the newest printing technologies to centuries-old practices, each option offers distinct advantages.
10-Color Flexographic Printing
Flexographic (i.e., flexo) printing represents some of the newest and best technology in the world of label printing. When you want color matching or the option to print your custom labels on a variety of surfaces, 10-color flexo printing is unparalleled.
- Color Matching
Without getting into the nitty-gritty of ink density and spectrophotometer color matching, the simplest explanation of 10-color flexo printing involves the number of print decks.
The more print decks you have in a printer, the more options you have for color. By using a 10-color flexo printing press, we can effectively print your labels in high definition, capture opaque white color on clear materials, and obtain excellent vibrancy.
- Surface Variety
10-color flexo printing also enables us to print your labels on a range of surfaces, so we can customize your label design exactly to your specifications. With this advanced technology, we can effectively print barcodes, timing marks, and much more on both sides of your product label.
For high-quality, multi-dimensional labels, we usually recommend 10 Color Flexo Printing.
Screen printing is an excellent option for vibrancy, durability, and versatility. The screen-printing process involves forcing ink onto a surface through a prepared screen, as opposed to printing it directly into the material.
The advantages of screen printing at Cummins Label include:
- Durability — Screen printing ink is thick by nature, allowing it to withstand more stress. For any outdoor-related product labels, this durability is key.
- Economies of Scale — For bigger label orders, screen printing makes sense because it requires creating screens for each color involved. For smaller orders, this can be cost-prohibitive.
- Finish Quality — Vibrancy is the name of the game for screen printing!
- Versatility — Screen printing can be used with nearly any surface so long as it is flat.
Digital printing is a newer technology. It can be especially helpful when you need a fast turnaround on a custom label order.
The advantages of digital printing at Cummins Label include:
- Fast Turnarounds — Because digital printing does not require creating a special plate, we can print labels quickly and directly onto the material.
- Affordability — Not needing to create special plates for each color also means you save money throughout the label printing process.
- Short-Run Label Options — If you need special holiday product labels or other short-run labels, digital printing makes the most economic sense.
- Revision Capabilities — With digital printing, you make tweaks to your designs more easily and economically than with other methods.